Who, or rather, what is ACT? We’re Teachers. Students. Scientists. Lawyers. Homemakers. Writers. Business professionals and more. And we have one thing in common: a passion for the performing arts.
Formed in 2004, ACT’s vision is to create a performing arts tradition in southern Chester County that will evolve into a vital, resourceful community service organization.
Towards that end, ACT endeavors to:
• Provide challenging workshops and drama courses to interested students and adults as an enrichment and extension of the community theater program.
• Create quality, educational and cultural experiences for anyone wishing to participate in any area of the theater/performing arts.
• Give young people an appreciation of the performing arts, imparting to them the necessary skills for producing, directing and participating in community theater and other related projects
• Continue to seek opportunity for future growth within our community and to partner effectively with other dramatic organizations.
• Build a true sense of community strength and spirit by utilizing the existing talents of local thespians and providing a creative outlet for aspiring performers.
2017 ACT Board of Directors
Karen Weaver, President
Geddes Marcano, Vice President
Mala Marcano, Secretary
Teresa Hanrahan, Treasurer
Tim McFeely – Webmaster
Meredith Wakefield – Webmaster
And a whole lot of others that donate time and expenses to make ACT the wonderful organization it is.